Feel Thirsty even after Drinking Water
Many people wonder “why do they feel thirsty even after drinking water?” suppose you are drinking 6L of water per day but you still feel thirsty, then this situation will put you in trouble. There are several reasons behind feeling thirsty even after drinking a lot of water. You may suffer from any medical issue such as diabetes, diarrhea, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, liver problems and many other diseases of the digestive system. The other reason could be that your body may be tired after doing any hard physical activity.
Why do I still feel thirsty even after drinking water?
Well, as we are all aware that water is one of the important components of a human body, remember to drink water in the correct amount. Numerous people drink large amounts of water per day, but still feel thirsty. Here are some causes behind feline thirst even after drinking water.
- This may be because of the source of water. Sometimes , minerals and electrolytes in water are not stable, which make water unsuitable for human consumption.
- Moreover, if a person is suffering from any health problem or disease like diabetes, he will require more water than others because some diseases make a person feel more thirsty than a usual person.
- Dehydration is also a reason for feeling excessive thirst. Constant thirst, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased urination and abdominal pain are the signs of dehydration. Dehydration can negatively impact your blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar levels.
- The other factor could be your diet, which is rich in sodium. According to Current Biology, interstitial fluid (water surrounding cells) moves into and out of your bloodstream to balance changes in sodium and water content.
How can I quench my thirst?
If you are feeling thirsty even after consuming a large volume of water, you should read the given suggestions.
- you may avoid salty food.
- Try to drink iced coffee, it will help you control excessive thirst.
- Eat some fruit which is good for your kidney. Try to wash your mouth with mouth cleaner or cold water.
- Try to stay in a cool atmosphere. Meditation will help you a lot. Try to control your glucose level if you are suffering from diabetes.
How much water should you drink a day?
Well, the amount of water you drink per day depends upon the circumstances. Normally, a healthy human needs to drink 4-6 cups of water per day. But if you are suffering from any medical problem, you may need to drink more water. In case you are losing water due to heavy workout or hot weather, then you must drink more than 4-6 cups of water a day. For the best advice, you must consult your doctor.
If you are the one who is feeling thirsty even after drinking a lot of water, then you must be dehydrated, feeling tired or consuming food containing salt and sugar. If you are suffering from this kind of situation, then you must drink water and keep your body hydrated. To know the correct amount of water a human body needs per day, you should consult your doctor.