Shawshank’s redemption: an American Drama movie
Shawshank redemption is an American drama film written and directed by Frank Darabont in 1994.it is a story about a banker, Dufresne (Tim Robbins). He is sentenced to life in Shawshank State Penitentiary for the murders of his wife and her lover, but still, he proved innocent. Over the 20 years, he had a friend, a prisoner, contraband smuggler Ellis “Red” Redding (Morgan Freeman).
Was Shawshank’s redemption based on a true story?
No, the Shawshank redemption is not based on any true story or actual incident. Even Frank Darabont did not come up by himself. However, this movie, Shawshank Redemption, is based on Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. It is a novella that was first published as part of a different season collection of 1982 stories. Shawshank redemption is based on Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.
Was the ending of Shawshank Redemption real?
The Shawshank Redemption theory states the ending of the 1994 live-action adaptation based on the Stephen King novel Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption was faked. Morgan Freeman’s character Red died at the movie’s end, which wasn’t shown in the film.
What are the best quotes from Shawshank redemption?
Shawshank redemption is a great movie. It has a fantastic cast, and it is directed symmetrically and adequately. In addition, Shawshank redemption contains numerous amazing quotes. Some of them are given below.
List of 15 best quotes from Shawshank redemption:
- “Get busy living, or Get Busy Dying.”
- “I Hope I Can Make It Across The Border.”
- “There’s Not A Day Goes By I Don’t Feel Regret.”
- “I Have To Remind Myself That Some Birds Aren’t Meant To Be Caged.”
- “Andy Dufresne – Who Crawled Through A River Of S*** And Came Out Clean On The Other Side.”
- “The Funny Thing Is, On The Outside, I Was An Honest Man.”
- “The World Went And Got Itself In A Big Damn Hurry.”
- “Bad Luck, I Guess. It Floats Around.”
- “I’m Telling You, These Walls Are Funny.”
- “They Send You Here For Life, And That’s Exactly What They Take.”
- “Every Man Has His Breaking Point.”
- “That’s Where I Want To Live The Rest Of My Life — A Warm Place With No Memory.”
- “I Like To Think The Last Thing That Went Through His Head Other Than That Bullet…”
- “That’s The Beauty Of Music. They Can’t Get That From You.”
- “I Tell You Those Voices Soared Higher And Farther Than Anybody In A Gray Place Dares To Dream.”
What are the known facts about Shawshank’s redemption?
There are some things and facts many people are not aware of in Shawshank redemption. Read some facts given below related to Shawshank rescue.
List of 19 facts about Shawshank redemption:
- The movie is based on a novella by Stephen King
- “Shawshank Redemption” wasn’t the first time King and director Frank Darabont worked together
- Rob Reiner wanted to direct himself
- Morgan Freeman’s casting went against the King story
- Brad Pitt was cast but dropped out of the production
- Tim Robbins recommended the cinematographer
- Though the movie is set in Maine, it was not shot there
- King’s name was kept mainly out of the promotion
- The film was a box office flop
- It may have been a commercial flop, but the Oscars gave it some love
- A business deal played a significant role in the rise of the movie’s popularity
- The tree from the movie no longer stands
- Darabont directed two more King adaptations after “Shawshank.”
- Morgan Freeman’s son has a cameo
- Freeman had never narrated a film before “Shawshank.
- Tom Cruise attended table reads for Andy but turned the movie down
- It was the most rented movie of 1995
- Rita Hayworth was dropped from the title to avoid confusion (it didn’t help)
- Stephen King never cashed Darabont’s check